Warning Signs of an Ice Dam
Here are a few warning signs you should be on the lookout for regarding the formation of ice dams.
1. You have icicles of any shape or size along the edge of your roof and/or gutters
2. You have water dripping down OR ice forming on the exterior surface of your home
3. Ice is developing along the overhangs of your roof and/or your gutters are filled with ice.
4. You have icicles forming or water dripping from the underside of your roof (i.e., soffits)
5. And obviously any water penetrating the interior of your home (i.e., walls, ceilings, and/or windowsills) is a sure sign of an ice dam wreaking havoc!