Contact Ice Dam Removal Guys®
Call us at 1-800-ICE-DAMS or 651-964-8557 if you have an ice dam on your roof. We serve the US and Canada. We are properly licensed, bonded, and insured. You can end the leaks with a phone call.
If you can’t get through to us (due to high call volume), or if you can’t call right now, you can contact us online right here on this page. Consider reading our policies.
Note: If you’re having trouble sending a photo from this page, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. It could be the file is too big.
A quick summary of our billing policies:
Important point #1: Our clock starts as soon as an Ice Dam Guys® technician arrives at your home. We do not bill for any travel time. But we do need to bill for ALL the time he spends on your property: from the moment he arrives to the moment he is packed-up and ready to leave. There is considerable setup and take-down time, which is just part of the job.
Important point #2: Customers often ask, “How long do you think this will take?” That’s an understandable question. But please understand that your Ice Dam Guys® pro can only take a rough guess, and that guess may turn out to be way off.
The ice dam is buried under snow. There are too many things we can’t know yet, including:
- Does the ice dam climb 12 inches or 12 feet up your roof?
- How thick is the ice dam, and is it thick even on the upper reaches of your roof?
- Is it white and soft ice, or is it clear and hard ice?
- Is the roof navigable, or must your Ice Dam Guys® tech work from a ladder?
- Can he chunk-cut the ice, or will he need to melt it slowly from the top down?
- Has most of the ice popped free of the shingles, or is it all stuck to the shingles?
- Do you have architectural shingles that the ice grips onto?
- And so on.
Ultimately it’is up to you to check in with your technician early and often, and to sway his course of action if you feel the need.
Important point #3: Currently, we have a 4-hour minimum for each job. That 4-hour minimum is NOT an indicator of how long your project may take. How long your project takes depends on your particular ice dam(s), on the weather, and on your needs. Some customers just want the leak stopped. Some want us to focus only on one small area of the roof. Others want the entire roof cleared of all snow and ice.
Beyond our 4-hour minimum, it’s up to you how long your Ice Dam Guys® technician spends at your home, and it’s up to you to keep track of the time he spends on your property. Any work we do beyond the 4-hour minimum will be billed in 5-minute increments, and at the same hourly rate we charged for the rest of the job. Note: This minimum charge will change throughout the season as temperatures, snow-cover, and ice build-up fluctuate.
Important point #4: We use our signature chunk-cutting technique to remove ice from your roof. That means that rather than melting the ice from the top down, we remove a chunk of ice at a time and manually nudge each chunk off the roof once we’ve melted it free of your rooftop. That technique saves you hundreds or thousands of dollars. Many of the ice chunks freely fall from the roof. Rarely can we control exactly where they fall, but almost always they land without incident.
If you have shrubs, grills, hot tubs, and even decks under or near your roof, you have a few options.
- The first is you forgo ice dam removal altogether because you’ve deemed your outdoor amenities more valuable than the safety of your home.
- The second is you pay 3-4 times the amount you otherwise would, because it will take us much, must longer to melt every last ounce of ice on your roof. The same is true if you want us to remove all the snow on your roof and walk it to a shrub-free, stuff-free area.
- The third option is for you to accept some possible damage to your shrubs or outdoor amenities and save a LOT of money on ice dam removal. We go into each project assuming #3 is your choice.
Although this rarely happens, it is possible for ice chunks to hit the side of your house, break a window, etc. Again, we have no control over where ice chunks go once they’ve broken free from the roof. They may fall before we have a chance to grab them and throw them farther away from your overhang. Damage rarely happens, but it does happen from time to time.
Believe it or not, that’s just a summary of our billing policies – a few points we really want you to know, if you only take the time to read a few. We hope that after reading all our policies you agree they’re pretty straightforward and reasonable. You can see a complete list of our policies here.