Why Choose the Ice Dam Guys®?
You’re smart to be skeptical. Most ice dam companies that claim to offer ice dam removal sound great over the phone. But they’ll make promises they can’t keep – like by giving you an estimate over the phone without seeing the ice dam on your roof, or swearing they can remove all the ice in 2 hours.
We’re not the cheapest ice dam company, and we may not always tell you what you want to hear, but you can trust us to remove your ice dams safely and efficiently.
28 REASONS TO CHOOSE ICE DAM GUYS
Because of our service:
1. We offer same-day or next-day service. If you’ve got an ice dam emergency, we can be there when you need us.
2. In fact, Ice Dam Guys® HQ is the home of same-day service. We’ve offered it since 2007, when nobody else did (that we knew of). We offer it because we saw the damage caused to homes by waiting too long. Our whole company had to rise to the challenge; we started paying our techs double, so they could sign in blood that they’d be on-call all winter. It’s a small price to pay so that your home doesn’t pay the price.
3. We use only safe & effective steam. It’s hot and powerful enough to make your ice dams history, but won’t damage or soak your shingles. We might be the gentlest ice dam removal company ever. Take a look at the below photo. Notice that there’s still moss on the part of the roof where we just removed an ice dam.
4. We’re specialists – not out-of-work roofers or gutter cleaners.
5. Every winter we invest tens of thousands of dollars in buying and maintaining our equipment, particularly our ice dam steamers.
6. We’re fully and properly bonded & insured. (Unlike other ice dam companies.)
7. We can help you prevent ice dams.
8. We can help repair the damage caused by interior leaks.
9. We’re big enough to serve you, yet small enough to know you. We typically have 30-40 Ice Dam Guys® on hand.
10. We have plenty of equipment redundancy to ensure that we can get the job done for you no matter what Old Man Winter throws at us.
Leaking Stopped in 3 Hours
“I called this morning around 7 a.m. and Ted was out to my parents’ home by 9 a.m. 3 hours later, the 10-12″ thick dams on the shaded side of the house and 3-season porch were gone, leaking was stopped, and the whole place was cleaned up and looking great when he finished! Thanks ice dam guys!”
11. We’ve been in business since 1996, and removing ice dams since 1999.Because of our track record and experience:
12. We won the 2013 Angie’s List Super Service Award.
14. Our reviews; many of our customers have spoken their minds on third-party online review sites – from Google to Yelp to Facebook to Angie’s List and other review sites.
15. Our testimonials; many customers still send us “thank-you” notes.
16. We’ve removed thousands of ice dams from thousands of roofs over the last 20 years.
17. Our Head Ice Dam Guy, Joe Palumbo, is a noted expert on ice dams, and is frequently interviewed by local news stations and the Weather Channel.
On-Time and Done in Record Time!
“My technician Mike was great! He called me when he was on his way and showed up right on time. We both looked at the roof to assess the situation, discussed my wants (as well as my budget) and he was done in record time. Mike was a super nice guy (and a great smile too). Thanks so much for helping!”
Because of our values:
18. We don’t leave until the job is done (or until you tell us to).
19. Our techs are uniformed, courteous, kind, and well-trained.
20. We like to raise awareness through our Learning Center, our blog posts, and other info on this site (and on our other site, IceDamRemoval.com). We figure the more informed you are about ice dams, the better off we all are. Joe Palumbo is also an Expert Contributor author at Angie’s List, where he writes posts regularly on ice dams.
21. We hope to get to know you. If you’re into Facebook, one way to do that is to join other homeowners on our Facebook page, where we’ll keep you up-to-date on ice dam news and tips.
23. No trip charges or hidden fees.
24. We bill in 5-minute increments; we don’t round up our time “on the clock.” We only bill for as long as we’re at your home, and no longer.
25. We’re proud to offer senior discounts and military / veteran discounts.
26. We offer a $25-off coupon (which you can combine with other discounts, like the ones above).
27. We say thanks when you spread the word. Check out the latest offer from the Ice Dam Guys®: Save $50 by helping out your neighbor get their ice dams removed. They’ll save $50 as well. All you have to do is tell you technician that your neighbor is is ready to have their ice dams removed right after your job is finished.
28. We’re native Minnesotans. If you’re from Minnesota, we speak the same language, probably root for the same sports teams, and know how strangely endearing a Minnesota winter can be (when ice dams aren’t a concern). If you’re not from Minnesota – we’ve done ice dam removal all over the US – you might find that “Minnesota friendliness” is not just a myth.
Gave Me Tips for Avoiding Ice Dams
“Charles did a great job removing my ice dam. He also gave me some ideas for what to do next year, so hopefully I’m not in the same situation. He was very punctual and polite. I was very impressed to have someone come out on a Saturday morning 3 hours after I called them with my issue.”
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Do you still have questions or need ice dam removal now? Call Jay at 1-800-ICE-DAMS. We look forward to helping you!